High blood pressure affects more than 744 million Americans, and often leads to heart disease or stroke. In many cases, the cause of high blood pressure is unknown, but what is known is that diet and exercise have shown to help this dangerous condition.
The most effective high blood pressure diets include lots of raw fruits and vegetables, which in some circles is called the Raw Food Diet. Blood pressure symptoms are reported to be alleviated on a raw food diet, which is good news for those who wish to explore alternative therapies to drugs for their illness.
Because the causes of high blood pressure are often elusive or varied, it helps to apply a holistic or broad-spectrum healing plan when you suffer from high blood pressure.
Whether high blood pressure diets compensate for genetics, stress, or lack of exercise, they do result in a reduction in blood pressure and related symptoms in many reported cases.
Raw Food Diets Incorporate Heart-Healthy, Nutrient-Rich Whole Foods
Along with stress reduction techniques and gentle, enjoyable exercise, it makes sense to turn towards heart-healthy, nutrient-rich, unprocessed foods for overall health and wellness. Fresh, raw produce, as well as many nuts and seeds, are the best foods for bringing the body back to its natural state of balance, and these foods are in abundance on a raw food diet.
Blood pressure will more than likely regulate itself, if given proper nourishment along with proper lifestyle changes. As with any diet, consult with your physician before completely changing the way you eat.
By design, raw food diets incorporate tons of fresh, raw fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds, all of which are packed with nutrients and are free from added chemicals that tax the body’s systems.
When purchasing produce, be sure to buy organic so that you avoid any artificial ingredients or synthetic pesticides that are often added to conventional foods.
High blood pressure diets like the raw food diet limits caloric intake naturally, so your body will feel better, have more energy, and be less stressed.
In addition to lowering blood pressure, you’ll find that high blood pressure diets like raw food diets leave you with maintained healthy weight and a healthier appearance with regards to skin, hair, nails, and muscle tone.
On a raw food diet, blood pressure is brought back in check with the help of heart-healthy foods, which offer vital nutrients and phytonutrients to give the body additional benefits beyond its basic needs.
For instance, avocados contain a mono-unsaturated fat called oleic acid, which reduces cholesterol levels and improves blood flow.
Here are some foods that you’ll enjoy on high blood pressure diets like the raw food diet :
• Olive oil – Studies report that women put on a diet rich in olive oil, for about one month, showed a noted reduction in blood pressure levels.
• Tomatoes – Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, a powerful antioxidant that produces marked results in reducing blood pressure.
• Garlic – Garlic has natural anti-inflammatory properties, which may help to prevent blood clots and contribute to overall cardio health.
• Oranges – Citrus fruits like lemons and oranges are high in fruit pectin and potassium, both of which regulate blood pressure and lower cholesterol plaque in the arteries.
• Raw chocolate – Raw, un-processed dark chocolate protects the heart and keeps blood pressure at a normal level. Raw chocolate is rich in phenols, and is a heart-healthy choice when looking for rich desserts on a raw food diet.
Enjoy these foods and more on high-blood pressure diets like the raw food diet, which focuses on whole, hearty-happy foods for the majority of the daily caloric and nutrient requirements.
Garden of Life Raw Organic Meal, Vanilla, 2.5 lbs