How to get rid of dark circles? Is there any way to remove it with natural remedies?
There are several natural remedies to get rid of dark circles, but I’m all about figuring out the root cause of the issue. A few causes of those dreaded dark circles can be:
1) Allergies & hayfever: If you suffer from allergies from dust, pollen or pets, rubbing the eyes can exacerbate the problem. Food allergies can also contribute to darkness appearing below the eye. Pay attention to what you’re eating when the issue is more prominent.
2) Fluid retention: If you tend to retain fluid, that can cause the blood vessels under the eyes to become dilated and engorged. Common contributors to excess fluids is table salt, smoking, certain medications, and issues with the thyroid, heart, kidney and liver.
3) Dehydration: The majority of the population is dehydrated! It’s time to drink more filtered water in general. Dark circles is a sign your body is thirsty. Aim to drink half your body weight in ounces every day. If you weigh 150 pounds, drink 75 ounces of water.
4) Lack of sleep: When you’re not getting at least 8 hours of quality sleep, the skin will appear paler and blood vessels are more visible through the skin. Rest up to lighten the darkness.
5) Sometimes it is hereditary and blood just may congregate under the eye giving it the darker appearance.
First and foremost make sure you’re getting 7.5-9 hours of sleep each night and drink that water! Cool cucumber slices can be applied for 15 minutes to minimize under eye darkness. Vitamin K partnered with peptides can be very helpful with minimizing discoloration in a few months. The 3 most well known peptides are Eyeliss, Regu-Age and Haloxyl. They have been shown to strengthen veins and capillaries, increase microcirculation and lymphatic drainage.