Apple chips, yes that’s what we are talking about. After having tried potato, sweet potato and other chips, nothing could have been better than apple chips. This is very simple recipe and it requires no oil. If you use a mandolin slicer then it becomes much easier to slice the apple. These are baked in an oven for around 2 hours so that they don’t burn or taste bitter. Make sure to choose apples that have great flavor and you enjoy eating raw.
This is great idea for a low calorie snack that you can enjoy with your family and friends.
1 apple (I use Granny Smith or Fuji)
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C)
- Slice an apple with a mandolin slicer or with a sharp knife.
- Lay the apple slices on a baking sheet/parchment paper
- Bake for 1 hour, flip over and again bake for 1 hour and turn off the oven.
- Let the apple chips cool completely in the oven, this is when they will crisp up
- Store the chips in airtight container as they will become soft.
- You might need to increase or decrease the baking time by 10 minutes, depending on the oven.